(1) The Institute must give due regard to any advice given by the Minister in relation to the exercise of its powers and the performance of its functions.
See section 5.2.1 for the Minister's power to issue a policy, guideline or direction to the Institute.
(2) Subject to section 2.6.3(1C), the Minister may approve requirements, criteria or standards that a program or course of study must satisfy before the Institute approves the program or course as an initial teacher education program.
(3) For the purposes of subsection (2), the requirements, criteria or standards that the Minister may approve include—
(a) entry standards or minimum requirements for entry into programs or courses of study, including academic and non-academic attributes and demonstrated proficiency in literacy and numeracy; and
(b) student selection methods including any pre-entry student ranking and the scope and extent of any adjustments to that ranking; and
(c) the extent and scope of credit or advanced standing for prior study, including study completed as part of a pathway program; and
(d) requirements that a provider must ensure are met by students before students proceed beyond a particular point of the program or course, including the demonstration of competence in literacy and numeracy.
(4) For the purposes of approving requirements, criteria or standards that a program or course of study must satisfy in accordance with this section, the Minister may adopt, apply or incorporate in full or in part any code, rules, specifications or other document of another person or body including any amendments made to that document from time to time.
(5) The Institute must publish on the Institute's website any requirements, criteria or standards approved by the Minister in accordance with this section.
S. 2.6.6 substituted by No. 27/2010 s. 13.