(1) The Institute may by Order published in the Government Gazette—
(a) establish a College for promoting particular domains of practice within the teaching profession; and
(b) appoint a governing board of the College to govern the College.
(2) The College and the governing board of the College have the functions and powers conferred on them that are declared by the Order under subsection (1).
(3) The Order under subsection (1) must contain a charter for the College that sets out—
(a) the name of the College;
(b) the domain of practice to be recognised by the College;
(c) the purposes and functions of the College;
(d) the governance and funding arrangements for the College;
(e) any powers of the Institute under the Act which are to be delegated to the members of the governing board of the College;
(f) the reporting and operational relationship between the College and the Institute;
(g) the terms of office of the governing board of the College.
(4) The Institute may, after consultation with the governing board of the College and in accordance with the charter for the College by Order published in the Government Gazette alter any matter or thing that has been established by or under the charter of the College.
(5) Despite subsection (1), the Institute must not establish a College for promoting the practice of Principals except with the written approval of the Minister.
Pt 2.6A (Heading and ss 2.6A.1–2.6A.11) inserted by No. 32/2021 s. 4.
Part 2.6A—Victorian Academy of Teaching and Leadership
S. 2.6A.1 inserted by No. 32/2021 s. 4.