(1) The Board of the Academy may from time to time, by instrument in writing, establish a committee—
(a) to assist the Academy in the performance of its functions; or
(b) to advise the Academy on matters relating to the performance of the Academy's functions; or
(c) to exercise any of the powers or functions of the Academy that are delegated to the committee by the Board.
(2) The Board of the Academy may, to facilitate the Academy's functions, appoint members to the committee including any person who is not a member of the Board.
(3) The Board of the Academy may make any provision with respect to the terms and conditions of appointment of members of a committee as the Board thinks fit.
(4) A member of a committee (other than a person referred to in subsection (5)) is entitled to receive the remuneration, fees and personal and travelling expenses that are fixed from time to time by the Board of the Academy.
(5) Subsection (4) does not apply to a member of a committee who holds a full-time Government office, or a full-time position in the public service, teaching service or with a statutory authority (other than a university).
(6) A committee may permit its members to participate in a particular meeting, or all meetings, by telephone, closed circuit television or other means of communication.
(7) The Board of the Academy may dissolve a committee if the Board determines that the committee is no longer required.
S. 2.6A.9 inserted by No. 32/2021 s. 4.