(1) If the Minister decides to recommend the appointment of an administrator, the Governor in Council, on the recommendation of the Minister, may appoint an administrator of the institute for the period and subject to the terms and conditions that are specified in the appointment.
(2) An administrator of an institute appointed under this section has and may exercise all the powers and is subject to all the duties of the board of the institute and the chief executive officer of the institute.
(3) On the appointment of an administrator, the directors of the board of the institute cease to hold office.
(4) The Minister must review the appointment of an administrator within 12 months after the appointment.
(5) If the Minister recommends to the Governor in Council that the appointment of the administrator should be revoked, the Governor in Council may by notice published in the Government Gazette declare that the appointment is revoked on the date specified in the notice, being a date not less than 28 days after the publication of the notice.
(6) If a notice is published under subsection (5) in relation to an institute—
S. 3.1.21(6)(a) amended by No. 73/2012 s. 22(2).
(a) directors of the board of the institute shall be appointed in accordance with this Part; and
(b) on the date specified in the notice—
(i) the appointment of the administrator is revoked; and
(ii) the board of the institute is re‑established.