(1) If the Minister decides to recommend the appointment of an administrator, the Governor in Council, on the recommendation of the Minister, may appoint an administrator of the institution for the period and subject to the terms and conditions that are specified in the appointment.
S. 3.3.37(2) amended by No. 58/2007 s. 19(1).
(2) An administrator of an institution appointed under this section has and may exercise all the powers and is subject to all the duties of the governing board of the institution and the chief executive officer of the institution.
(3) On the appointment of an administrator, the members of the governing board cease to hold office.
(4) The Minister must review the appointment of an administrator within 12 months after the appointment.
(5) If the Minister recommends to the Governor in Council that the appointment of the administrator should be revoked, the Governor in Council may by notice published in the Government Gazette declare that the appointment will be revoked on the date specified in the notice, being a date not less than 28 days after the publication of the notice.
(6) If a notice is published under subsection (5) in relation to an institution—
S. 3.3.37(6)(a) amended by No. 73/2012 s. 31(2).
(a) members of the governing board of the institution shall be appointed in accordance with this Part; and
(b) on the date specified in the notice—
(i) the appointment of the administrator is revoked; and
(ii) the governing board of the institution is re-established.