(1) An organisation is not required to charge a fee for providing access to health information under this Act.
(2) A fee may not be charged under this Act for providing a manner of access to health information (except under section 29(1)(d)) unless a maximum fee has been prescribed for that manner of access.
(3) An organisation must not charge a fee exceeding the prescribed maximum fee.
(4) A person who gives an explanation of health information to an individual under section 29(1)(d) may charge a fee for the service that does not exceed the amount of the person's usual fee for a consultation of a comparable duration.
(5) An organisation must not charge for the lodgment of a request for access.
Division 2—Request for access