(1) Within 7 days after a sealed envelope or document or thing secured otherwise than in an envelope is given to the proper officer of the Supreme Court in accordance with section 97, the IBAC may apply to the Supreme Court to determine whether or not the document is the subject of privilege.
(2) If no application is made under subsection (1) within the period of 7 days, the proper officer must return the document to the claimant of privilege.
(3) The IBAC must give notice of the application to the claimant of privilege within a reasonable time before the hearing of the application.
(4) Notice under subsection (3) must be in the prescribed form.
(5) The claimant is entitled to appear and be heard on the hearing of the application.
S. 101 inserted by No. 13/2012 s. 9 (as amended by No. 82/2012 s. 148(3)).