(1) The IBAC may issue Directions for or with respect to notifications to the IBAC that are made in accordance with a mandatory notification provision.
(2) Without limiting the generality of subsection (1), Directions may—
(a) specify the types of matters that must be notified;
(b) relate to a specified mandatory notification provision or the obligations of a specified person under a mandatory notification provision;
(c) provide for the form, content and method of notification;
(d) be of general or limited application;
(e) specify any other matter or thing which the IBAC considers is necessary.
(3) Directions must be published in the Government Gazette and on the IBAC's Internet website as soon as is practicable after they are made.
(4) Directions take effect—
(a) on the day after the Directions are published in the Government Gazette; or
(b) on any later day specified in the Directions.
(5) A relevant principal officer, other than a person specified in subsection (6), must comply with Directions made under this section.
(6) Directions made under this section do not apply to—
(a) the Auditor-General;
(b) a Department Head of a Department of the Parliament;
(c) the Electoral Commissioner;
S. 57A(6)(ca) inserted by No. 16/2016 s. 163.
(ca) the Judicial Commission;
(d) the Ombudsman.
S. 57B inserted by No. 30/2016 s. 20.