(1) The permanent reservation of the land shown hatched on the plan in the Schedule is revoked.
(2) The land shown hatched on the plan in the Schedule—
(a) is divested from the Council of the Museum of Victoria and ceases to be under its management and control; and
(b) vests in the Crown; and
(c) is deemed to be unalienated land of the Crown, freed and discharged from all trusts, limitations, reservations, restrictions, encumbrances, estates and interests.
(3) The land shown hatched on the plan in the Schedule is to be taken to be permanently reserved for the purposes of a public library under section 4(1) of the Crown Land (Reserves) Act 1978 .
(4) Despite subsection (3), nothing in this Act prevents the Council of the Museum of Victoria from continuing to use the land referred to in subsection (3) or any building or part of a building on that land for the purposes of a public museum.
S. 52A(5) amended by No. 61/1996 s. 29(g).
(5) The management of the land shown hatched on
the plan in the Schedule is vested in the Board.
(6) No compensation is payable by the Crown in respect of anything done under or arising out of this section.
S. 52B inserted by No. 7/1992 s. 4.