(1) For the purpose of providing practical guidance to persons who have duties or obligations under this Act or the regulations, the Minister may make an order approving a compliance code.
(2) A compliance code may apply, adopt or incorporate any matter contained in a document formulated, issued or published by a person or body whether—
(a) with or without modification; or
(b) as in force at a particular time or from time to time.
(3) The Minister may make an order approving the variation of a compliance code or revoking the approval of a compliance code.
(4) An order approving a compliance code, or a variation or revocation order, takes effect when notice of it is published in the Government Gazette or on such later date as is specified in the order.
The Minister's power to make an order approving a compliance code, or a variation order, is subject to disallowance by the Parliament (see section 151).
(5) As soon as practicable after making an order approving a compliance code, or a variation or revocation order, the Minister must ensure that notice of the making of the order is published in the Government Gazette and a newspaper circulating generally throughout the State.
(6) The Minister must ensure that a copy of—
(a) each compliance code that is currently approved; and
(b) each document applied, adopted or incorporated (to any extent) by a compliance code—
is available for inspection by members of the public without charge at the office of the Authority during normal business hours.