(1) The Minister may establish committees to advise on any matters which the Minister refers to them.
(2) The Minister may appoint one of the members of a committee to be the chairperson of the committee.
S. 151(3) amended by No. 46/1998 s. 7(Sch. 1), substituted by Nos 108/2004 s. 117(1) (Sch. 3 item 155.2), 80/2006 s. 26(Sch. item 82).
(3) The Public Administration Act 2004 (other than Part 3 of that Act) applies to a member of a committee in respect of the office of member.
(4) The Governor in Council may fix fees and allowances for all members of a committee or for particular members or classes of members.
(5) A member of a committee is entitled to be paid any fees and allowances which the Governor in Council fixes.
(6) Subject to the regulations, a committee may regulate its own proceedings.
S. 151(7) inserted by No. 72/1998 s. 7.
(7) If the Minister establishes a committee under this section to consider a request for the preparation of an amendment to a planning scheme, the Minister may ask the person who requested the amendment to contribute an amount specified by the Minister to the costs of the advisory committee.
S. 151(8) inserted by No. 72/1998 s. 7.
(8) If the Minister establishes a committee under this section to consider a matter in a proceeding which has been referred to the Governor in Council for determination under clause 58 of Schedule 1 to the Victorian Civil and Administrative Tribunal Act 1998 , the Minister may ask the following person to contribute an amount specified by the Minister to the costs of the advisory committee—
(a) if the proceeding relates to an application for a permit, the applicant for the permit; or
(b) if the proceeding is for the review of a decision referred to in section 149(1)(a), (b) or (c), the applicant for the review.
S. 152 repealed by No. 35/1995 s. 4(i), new s. 152 inserted by No. 3/2013 s. 81.