(1) The Governor in Council, on the recommendation of the Minister, may grant a reduction of the whole or part, or an exemption from the whole, of the liability of a person to pay a growth areas infrastructure contribution if—
(a) the person has applied in accordance with this section; and
(b) the Governor in Council is satisfied that exceptional circumstances exist.
(2) Despite subsection (1), the Governor in Council must not grant a reduction or exemption in respect of liability to pay a growth areas infrastructure contribution the whole or part of which has been deferred under Subdivision 3 of Division 2.
(3) Subject to this section, an application under this section may be made to the Minister by a person on whom a growth areas infrastructure contribution is imposed in relation to land in the contribution area.
(4) An application must be made before the day on which the contribution is payable.
(5) A person may not apply under this section for a reduction or exemption in respect of a growth areas infrastructure contribution the whole or part of which has been deferred under Subdivision 3 of Division 2.
S. 201TE(6) amended by No. 11/2017 s. 84.
(6) Before recommending the grant of a reduction or exemption under this section, the Minister must consult with the Victorian Planning Authority and the Treasurer.
(7) The Governor in Council may impose conditions on a reduction or exemption granted under this section.
(8) If a person fails to comply with a condition imposed on the grant of a reduction or exemption under this section, the reduction or exemption is taken never to have been granted.
S. 201TF inserted by No. 23/2010 s. 9.