(1) With the agreement of the applicant and after giving notice to the owner, the responsible authority may make any amendments to an application that it thinks necessary before notice of the application is first given under section 52.
(2) An amendment to an application may include—
(a) an amendment to the use or development mentioned in the application; and
(b) an amendment to the description of land to which the application applies; and
(c) an amendment to any plans and other documents forming part of or accompanying the application.
(3) The responsible authority may require the applicant—
(a) to notify the owner under subsection (1); and
(b) to make a declaration that that notice has been given.
(4) The responsible authority must make a note in the register if any amendment is made to an application under this section.
(5) On the amendment of an application under this section, the amended application is to be taken—
(a) to be the application for the purposes of this Act; and
(b) to have been received on the day that the applicant agreed to the amendment.
S. 51 substituted by No. 128/1993 s. 12.