(1) Without limiting the generality of section 232, the regulations may prescribe fees relating to a quarantined person's detention at a specified place of detention.
(2) Without limiting subsection (1), the regulations may—
(a) prescribe amounts as fees by reference to—
(i) the types of goods and services associated with the detention of a quarantined person at a specified place of detention, including goods and services supplied to a quarantined person during that detention ;
Costs of accommodation at a hotel, cost of meals.
(ii) whether a quarantined person is detained with one or more other persons at a specified place of detention that is shared accommodation;
Shared accommodation may be—
• 2 persons in a hotel room;
• 4 persons in an apartment.
(i) specific fees;
(ii) maximum or minimum fees;
(iii) maximum and minimum fees;
(iv) scales of fees.
(3) Fees prescribed by regulations made under this section must be reasonably referrable to the costs incurred by the State in detaining a quarantined person at a specified place of detention.
(4) Regulations made under this section—
(a) may have a retrospective effect to 7 December 2020; and
(b) may provide that fees relating to a quarantined person's detention at a specified place of detention apply, and are payable in relation to that detention, on and from 7 December 2020.
(5) In this section, quarantined person and specified place of detention have the same meaning as in Part 14.
S. 238B inserted by No. 44/2020 s. 3.