(1) The Secretary by instrument may appoint a natural person to be an analyst.
(2) The Secretary may only appoint a person to be an analyst if the Secretary considers that the person has the necessary expertise or experience to carry out analyses for the purposes of this Act and the regulations.
(3) A person appointed to be an analyst need not be an authorised officer.
(4) The function of an analyst is to carry out an analysis—
(a) to determine whether this Act and the regulations are being complied with; or
(b) to assist a person performing a function or exercising a power under this Act or the regulations.
(5) If an analyst carries out an analysis, the analyst must prepare and sign a certificate of analysis which includes—
(a) the results of the analysis; and
(b) information about the apparatus and methodology used to conduct the analysis.
S. 32A inserted by No. 7/2021 s. 2B, substituted by No. 53/2021 s. 10A.