(1) For the purposes of this Act and any other Act conferring powers or imposing functions on the Minister or the Secretary, the Minister by Order may—
(a) establish a Consultative Council as the Minister considers appropriate in respect of the matters and functions that the Minister determines and specifies in the Order;
(b) appoint a Board, Commission or other body established by or under an Act or a Committee of the Board, Commission or other body to be a Consultative Council.
(2) A Consultative Council established by Order under subsection (1)(a) is to consist of the number of members specified in the Order.
(3) The Minister by Order may appoint the members of a Consultative Council established under subsection (1)(a).
(4) Of the members appointed by Order under subsection (3)—
(a) one must be appointed as the Chairperson;
(b) one may be appointed as the Deputy Chairperson;
(c) the majority must be persons with special knowledge in the matters specified for that Consultative Council in the Order establishing the Consultative Council.
(5) A member appointed under subsection (3)—
(a) holds office for the period, not exceeding 3 years, specified in the Order but is eligible for re-appointment;
(b) may resign from the office of member by writing signed and delivered to the Minister;
(c) may be removed from office by the Minister;
(d) is not in respect of the office of member subject to the Public Administration Act 2004 (other than Part 5 of that Act).
(6) An Order under this section must be published in the Government Gazette.