S. 96B(1) amended by No. 5/2016 s. 37(Sch. 2 item 7(a)).
(1) The Minister may, from time to time, issue guidelines about testing or assessing a person under section 27 to determine whether—
(a) the person is unfit to drive motor vehicles or a category of motor vehicles; or
(b) it is dangerous for the person to drive motor vehicles or a category of motor vehicles; or
S. 96B(1)(c) amended by No. 5/2016 s. 36(Sch. 1 item 52).
(c) the person's driver licence or learner permit should be subject to conditions and, if conditions are to be imposed, the type of conditions to be imposed.
(2) Without limiting subsection (1), the guidelines may provide for—
S. 96B(2)(a) amended by No. 5/2016 s. 37(Sch. 2 item 7(b)).
(a) the way in which tests or assessments carried out under section 27 are to be carried out; and
S. 96B(2)(b) amended by Nos 5/2016 s. 37(Sch. 2 item 7(b)), 49/2019 s. 116(Sch. 1 item 214).
(b) the use of the results of the tests or assessments by the Secretary to determine a matter referred to in subsection (1).
(3) The Minister must ensure the guidelines are published in the Government Gazette.
(4) The guidelines may incorporate any matter contained in an external document whether—
(a) wholly or partially as amended by the guidelines; or
(b) as issued at the time the guidelines are made or at any time before then; or
(c) as issued from time to time.
(5) If guidelines have incorporated any matter contained in an external document as issued from time to time and the external document is amended, for the purpose of applying the guidelines the external document is taken not to have been amended until the Minister publishes notice of the amendment in the Government Gazette.
(6) In this section—
"external document" means a document, code, guidelines, rule, specification or method formulated, issued, prescribed or published by any authority, person or body;
"incorporate" includes apply or adopt;
"issued", in relation to an external document, includes formulated, prescribed or published.
S. 97 amended by No. 44/1989 s. 41(Sch. 2 item 34.4).