S. 28B(1) amended by No. 23/2013 s. 34(2)(3).
(1) A rail transport operator who holds an exemption granted under Division 5A of Part 5 or section 69B must establish a system and arrangements to ensure the safe management of the railway operations the rail transport operator carries out.
S. 28B(2) amended by No. 23/2013 s. 34(2).
(2) A rail transport operator referred to in subsection (1) must establish and maintain a system and arrangements that comply with subsection (4).
Penalty: In the case of a natural person, 1800 penalty units.
In the case of a body corporate, 9000 penalty units.
(3) An offence against subsection (2) is an indictable offence.
However, the offence may be heard and determined summarily (see section 28 of the Criminal Procedure Act 2009 ).
(4) The system and arrangements must—
(a) be documented; and
(b) be so set out and expressed that their contents are readily accessible and comprehensible to persons who use them; and
(c) contain the matters and information required by the regulations.
S. 28B(5) inserted by No. 23/2013 s. 34(4).
(5) A rail transport operator who holds an exemption under Division 5A of Part 5 or section 69B must comply with the system and arrangements established by the rail transport operator under this section.
Penalty: In the case of a natural person, $150 000;
In the case of a body corporate, $1 500 000.
Division 5—Safety audits and audits of medical records of rail safety workers
S. 29 substituted by No. 69/2007 s. 59, amended by No. 23/2013 s. 35.