(1) Subject to this section, the Safety Director must decide whether to accredit an applicant within 6 months of receiving an application from the applicant.
(2) The Safety Director may, before the expiry of the period specified in subsection (1), decide to extend the period within which he or she may decide whether to accredit an applicant.
(3) If the Safety Director decides to extend the period within which he or she may decide whether to accredit an applicant, the Safety Director must notify—
(a) the applicant of that decision and the new period within which the Safety Director intends to make his or her decision whether to accredit the applicant; and
S. 44(3)(b) amended by No. 3/2017 s. 50(Sch. 1 item 7.2).
(b) the Secretary and the Head, Transport for Victoria of that decision.
(4) A notification under subsection (3) must be in writing.
(5) The Secretary must include in the Department's report of operations details of every decision made by the Safety Director under subsection (2) in the year to which the relevant report of operations relates.