Victorian Current Acts

[Index] [Table] [Search] [Search this Act] [Notes] [Noteup] [Previous] [Next] [Download] [Help]


Notice of claim to be given to other parties

    (1)     This section applies if a claim for the whole or part of a bond is made by a residential rental provider or a renter without the consent of all of the other parties to a residential rental agreement.

    (2)     The Authority must give written notice of a claim referred to in subsection (1) to all of the other parties to the residential rental agreement known to the Authority.

    (3)     The notice given by the Authority

        (a)     may be addressed to one or more parties to the residential rental agreement; and

S. 411A(3)(b) amended by No. 40/2022 s. 60(37).

        (b)     must be given to Homes Victoria if the whole or part of the bond was paid by Homes Victoria; and

        (c)     must state that the Authority will pay the claim unless within 14 days after receiving notice under subsection (2) the party to the residential rental agreement gives written notice to the Authority that the claim is subject to an application to the Tribunal.


Section 506(1)(da) provides that a document to be served on or given to a person under this Act may be served or given by electronic communication in accordance with the Electronic Transactions (Victoria) Act 2000 .

S. 411AB inserted by No. 45/2018 s. 287 (as amended by No. 47/2019 ss 86, 98).

AustLII: Copyright Policy | Disclaimers | Privacy Policy | Feedback