(1) The court may review the decision of the Secretary on application by the offender.
(2) If the Secretary has given a direction in terms of an unpaid community work condition or a curfew condition under section 83AU or 83AV, the offender may apply to the court that imposed the condition for a review on the merits of the Secretary's decision.
(3) An application under subsection (2) must be made within 28 days after the day on which the decision was made.
(4) The court may, on application of an offender, extend the period within which an application must be made under subsection (3).
(5) A review under this section is a hearing de novo.
S. 83AZ inserted by No. 65/2011 s. 60.