(1) An applicant for registration or renewal of registration, or a person to whom a notice of intention to cancel was given—
(a) may appear at a hearing under section 117; and
(b) may be represented at the hearing by any person other than a legal practitioner.
(2) The PRS Board is not bound by the rules of evidence or any practices or procedures applicable to courts of record and may inform itself on any matter as it sees fit.
S. 118(3) amended by No. 6/2018 s. 68(Sch. 2 item 133.4).
(3) The PRS Board may require evidence to be given on oath or by affirmation and, for that purpose, a member of the PRS Board may administer an oath or affirmation or cause an oath or affirmation to be administered.
(4) If a person has been given notice under section 117(2) and fails to attend at the time and venue specified in the notice, the hearing may be held in the person's absence.
(5) A question before the PRS Board at a hearing under this section must be decided according to the opinion of the majority of the members present.