(1) If a body corporate commits an offence against a provision specified in subsection (2), an officer of the body corporate also commits an offence against the provision if the officer—
(a) authorised or permitted the commission of the offence by the body corporate; or
(b) was knowingly concerned in any way (whether by act or omission) in the commission of the offence by the body corporate.
(2) For the purposes of subsection (1), the following provisions are specified—
(a) section 100(1);
(b) section 232(1);
(c) section 242(1);
(d) section 242(2);
(e) section 251(1);
(f) section 251(2).
(3) Without limiting any other defence available to the officer, an officer of a body corporate may rely on a defence that would be available to the body corporate if it were charged with the offence with which the officer is charged and, in doing so, the officer bears the same burden of proof that the body corporate would bear.
(4) An officer of a body corporate may commit an offence against a provision specified in subsection (2) whether or not the body corporate has been prosecuted for, or found guilty of, an offence against that provision.
S. 260(5) substituted by No. 20/2015 s. 56(Sch. 1 item 14).
(5) This section does not affect the operation of Subdivision (1) of Division 1 of Part II of the Crimes Act 1958 .