(1) This section applies to the appointment to Victoria Police of a person who has previously been a police officer.
(2) The Chief Commissioner may appoint the person under section 27 if the person is registered on the Police Profession Register.
(3) If the person is not registered on the Police Profession Register, the Chief Commissioner may request the PRS Board to advise the Chief Commissioner in writing whether the person—
(i) meets the prescribed criteria for appointment at the proposed rank; or
(ii) subject to the satisfactory completion of training specified by the PRS Board, will meet the prescribed criteria for appointment at the proposed rank; and
S. 30(3)(b) amended by Nos 37/2014 s. 4(a), 54/2016 s. 6.
(b) has the capabilities to perform the duties of a police officer at the proposed rank.
S. 30(3)(c) repealed by No. 37/2014 s. 4(b).
* * * * *
(4) Subject to section 222(3), the PRS Board must comply with a request under subsection (3).
The functions of the PRS Board under this section are performed by the Registration Division. Division 4 of Part 12 gives certain investigatory powers to the PRS Board for the purposes of providing advice under this section. Under section 222(3) the PRS Board may decline to provide advice in certain circumstances.
(5) If the PRS Board's advice has been requested under this section, the Chief Commissioner must consider the advice in determining whether to appoint the person under section 27 and in determining the rank at which and position to which he or she is appointed.