In Part 6 of the Magistrates' Court Act 1989 , after section 124 insert —
(1) The Secretary may direct—
(a) all bail justices; or
(b) a specified class of bail justices; or
(c) a specified bail justice—
to participate in a specified professional development or continuing education and training activity.
(2) A direction under subsection (1) may be given orally or in writing.
(3) A bail justice must comply with a reasonable direction under subsection (1) that is given to him or her.
(1) The Secretary may make guidelines for or with respect to—
(a) the process for applications for appointment as a bail justice;
(b) the processes and administration of bail justices;
(c) the handling of complaints about bail justices.
(2) The Secretary may from time to time amend or revoke any guidelines made under subsection (1).
(3) As soon as practicable after making, amending or revoking guidelines under this section, the Secretary must give to each bail justice—
(a) a copy of the guidelines or the amendment; or
(b) notice of the revocation of the guidelines.
(4) The guidelines, or an amendment or revocation of the guidelines, take effect on the date that is specified in the guidelines, amendment or revocation (as the case requires).".