(1) Protection work must be provided by the owner, in relation to an adjoining property, before and during the carrying out of any building work, if the relevant building surveyor determines that protection work is required.
(2) The relevant building surveyor must determine whether protection work is required as a result of proposed building work when deciding an application for a building permit in relation to that work.
(3) The relevant building surveyor may at any time determine that protection work is required in relation to building work.
(4) A determination under subregulation (2) or (3) must be in the form of Form 6.
(5) Within 7 days after making a determination under this regulation, the relevant building surveyor must give a copy of the determination to—
(a) the applicant for the relevant building permit; and
(b) if the owner referred to in subregulation (1) is not the applicant, the owner.