(1) The Minister must assign a non-presidential member to one or more Divisions of the Tribunal.
(2) Before the Minister does so, the Minister must consult the President in relation to the proposed assignment.
(3) An assignment may only be varied with the consent of the member concerned.
(4) A non-presidential member may exercise, or participate in the exercise of, powers of the Tribunal only in a Division to which the member is assigned.
(5) If the assignment is made in writing, the assignment is not a legislative instrument.