(1) A term of a contract for the supply of recreational services to a consumer by a person is not void under section 64 of the Australian Consumer Law only because the term excludes, restricts or modifies, or has the effect of excluding, restricting or modifying:
(a) the application of all or any of the provisions of Subdivision B of Division 1 of Part 3-2 of the Australian Consumer Law; or
(b) the exercise of a right conferred by such a provision; or
(c) any liability of the person for a failure to comply with a guarantee that applies under that Subdivision to the supply.
(2) Recreational services are services that consist of participation in:
(a) a sporting activity or a similar leisure time pursuit; or
(b) any other activity that:
(i) involves a significant degree of physical exertion or physical risk; and
(ii) is undertaken for the purposes of recreation, enjoyment or leisure.
(3) This section does not apply unless the exclusion, restriction or modification is limited to liability for:
(a) death; or
(b) a physical or mental injury of an individual (including the aggravation, acceleration or recurrence of such an injury of the individual); or
(c) the contraction, aggravation or acceleration of a disease of an individual; or
(d) the coming into existence, the aggravation, acceleration or recurrence of any other condition, circumstance, occurrence, activity, form of behaviour, course of conduct or state of affairs in relation to an individual:
(i) that is or may be harmful or disadvantageous to the individual or community; or
(ii) that may result in harm or disadvantage to the individual or community.
(4) This section does not apply if the exclusion, restriction or modification would apply to significant personal injury suffered by a person that is caused by the reckless conduct of the supplier of the recreational services.
(5) The supplier's conduct is reckless conduct if the supplier:
(a) is aware, or should reasonably have been aware, of a significant risk that the conduct could result in personal injury to another person; and
(b) engages in the conduct despite the risk and without adequate justification.