(1) This section applies to a person if:
(a) the person makes an application to the Commission for an exemption order; or
(b) under section 151BG, the Commission gives the person an opportunity to make a submission to the Commission about a proposal to revoke an exemption order; or
(c) the Commission institutes a proceeding against the person under Division 7.
(2) The Commission must, at the request of the person and on payment of the fee (if any) specified in the regulations, give to the person:
(a) a copy of each document that has been given to, or obtained by, the Commission in connection with the matter to which the application, proposal or proceeding relates and tends to establish the person's case; and
(b) a copy of any other document in the possession of the Commission that comes to the attention of the Commission in connection with the matter and to which the application, proposal or proceeding relates and tends to establish the person's case;
so long as the document is not obtained from the person or prepared by an officer or professional adviser of the Commission.
(3) If the Commission does not comply with a request under subsection (2), the Federal Court must, upon application by the person, make an order directing the Commission to comply with the request. This rule has effect subject to subsection (4).
(4) The Federal Court may refuse to make an order under subsection (3) about a document or a part of a document if the Federal Court considers it inappropriate to make the order on the grounds that the disclosure of the contents of the document or part of the document would prejudice any person, or for any other reason.
(5) Before the Federal Court gives a decision on an application under subsection (3), the Federal Court may require any documents to be produced to it for inspection.
(6) An order under this section may be expressed to be subject to such conditions as are specified in the order.