(1) The Commission's functions under this Part are set out in this section.
(2) The Commission is to hold such inquiries as it is required to hold under section 95H.
(3) The Commission may, with the Minister's approval under section 95H, hold such other inquiries as it thinks fit.
(4) The Commission is to give the Minister a report on the results of each inquiry it holds.
(5) The Commission is to consider locality notices and to take, in relation to such notices, such action in accordance with this Part as it considers appropriate.
(6) The Commission is to monitor prices, costs and profits in any industry or business that the Minister directs it to monitor and is to give the Minister a report on the results of such monitoring.
(7) In exercising its powers and performing its functions under this Part, the Commission must, subject to any directions given under section 95ZH, have particular regard to the following:
(a) the need to maintain investment and employment, including the influence of profitability on investment and employment;
(b) the need to discourage a person who is in a position to substantially influence a market for goods or services from taking advantage of that power in setting prices;
(c) the need to discourage cost increases arising from increases in wages and changes in conditions of employment inconsistent with principles established by relevant industrial tribunals.