(1) In this section:
"mineral" means a naturally occurring substance or mixture of substances, whether in a solid, liquid or gaseous state.
"personal property" does not include:
(b) things in action (other than rights in relation to inventions, trade marks or designs); or
(c) leasehold interests in land.
(2) All interests of the Commonwealth in land in the Territory, other than interests referred to in subsection (5), are, by force of this section, vested in the Territory on the commencing date.
(3) All interests in land in the Territory held from the Commonwealth immediately before the commencing date are, by force of this section, held from the Territory on and after that date on the same terms and conditions as those on which they were held from the Commonwealth.
(4) All interests of the Commonwealth in respect of minerals in the Territory (other than prescribed substances within the meaning of the Atomic Energy Act 1953 and the regulations made under that Act and in force immediately before the commencing date) are, by force of this section, vested in the Territory on that date.
(5) On, or as soon as practicable after, the date when a matter is specified under section 35, the Minister shall transfer or cause to be transferred to the Territory:
(a) all interests held by the Commonwealth immediately before that date in land in the Territory, being:
(i) interests under easements, rights of way or mortgages; or
(ii) interests as lessee or sub-lessee; and
(b) all personal property held by the Commonwealth immediately before that date;
being interests and property that, in the opinion of the Minister, were so held for the purposes of the Commonwealth in connexion with that matter.
(6) Where an interest is transferred to the Territory under paragraph (5)(a), being an interest derived from a contract, the Territory is, by force of this section, substituted for the Commonwealth as a party to the contract.
(7) The Commonwealth is not liable to pay to the Territory any duties, fees or other charges in respect of anything done under subsection (5).