(1) Where the Administrator reserves a proposed law for the Governor-General's pleasure, the Governor-General shall, subject to this section, declare:
(a) that he or she assents to the proposed law;
(b) that he or she withholds assent to the proposed law; or
(c) that he or she withholds assent to part of the proposed law and assents to the remainder of the proposed law.
(2) The Governor-General may return the proposed law to the Administrator with amendments that he or she recommends.
(3) The Legislative Assembly shall consider the amendments recommended by the Governor-General and the proposed law, with those or any other amendments or without amendments, may be again presented to the Administrator for assent, and subsection 7(2) applies accordingly.
(4) Where the Governor-General makes a declaration in respect of a proposed law in accordance with subsection (1), the Administrator shall, as soon as practicable after the declaration is made, cause to be published in the Government Gazette of the Territory a notice of the declaration.
(5) The assent of the Governor-General to a proposed law or part of a proposed law is of no effect until notification of the Governor-General's declaration in respect of the proposed law is published in the Government Gazette of the Territory.