Commonwealth Consolidated Acts

[Index] [Table] [Search] [Search this Act] [Notes] [Noteup] [Previous] [Next] [Download] [Help]


Qualification for utilities allowance

             (1)  A person is qualified for utilities allowance if the person:

                     (a)  either:

                              (i)  has reached pension age and is receiving an income support payment; or

                             (ii)  is receiving a widow allowance, a mature age allowance, a partner allowance, a disability support pension, a carer payment, a wife pension, a widow B pension or a bereavement allowance; and

                     (c)  either:

                              (i)  is in Australia; or

                             (ii)  is temporarily absent from Australia and has been so for a continuous period not exceeding 6 weeks.

             (2)  Even though a person is qualified for utilities allowance, the allowance is not payable to the person:

                     (a)  if the person is receiving a social security payment for which a pension supplement amount is used to work out the rate of the payment, with a pension supplement amount that is more than the person's pension supplement basic amount; or

                     (b)  if the person is receiving energy supplement under Part 2.25B; or

                     (c)  if an election by the person under subsection 1061VA(1) is in force.

AustLII: Copyright Policy | Disclaimers | Privacy Policy | Feedback