(1) For subsection 1013C(1D) of the Act, as modified by Part 5B of Schedule 10A, this regulation prescribes requirements for applying, adopting or incorporating, in a Product Disclosure Statement for a superannuation product to which this Subdivision applies, a matter contained in writing.
(2) A Product Disclosure Statement may apply, adopt or incorporate a matter only if a provision of these Regulations requires or permits the matter to be applied, adopted or incorporated by the Statement.
(3) If a Product Disclosure Statement applies, adopts or incorporates a matter:
(a) the matter must be:
(i) in writing; and
(ii) clearly distinguishable from any other matters that are not to be applied, adopted or incorporated; and
(iii) if the superannuation product is not issued to a standard employer-sponsored member within the meaning of the Superannuation Industry (Supervision) Act 1993 --publicly available in a document other than the Statement; and
(b) the responsible person for the Statement must identify the matter by:
(i) including in the Statement a concise description of the matter; and
(ii) ensuring that the reference to the matter is clearly distinguishable from the other contents of the Statement; and
(c) the responsible person for the Statement must:
(i) identify each version of the matter (by including the date on which the version was prepared) so that a person who, at a particular time, is considering a superannuation product can identify the version that is relevant to the superannuation product at that time; and
(ii) state the date on which a version was prepared in a prominent position at or near the front of the version; and
(d) the responsible person for the Statement must ensure that a person who is relying on the Statement is able to have access to:
(i) the document containing the matter; or
(ii) if there is more than 1 version of the document containing the matter--each version;
reasonably easily and reasonably quickly.
(4) The responsible person for the Product Disclosure Statement must also ensure that the Statement includes the statements in the following table relating to the matter, and sets them out in each place at which the matter has been applied, adopted or incorporated.
(5) The responsible person for the Product Disclosure Statement must also ensure that each document mentioned in subregulation (3) includes the statement in the following table relating to the matter.
(6) For the avoidance of doubt, the giving of a Product Disclosure Statement to which this Subdivision applies is taken to be the giving of every matter that is applied, adopted or incorporated in accordance with subregulations (1) to (5).
(7) If the Product Disclosure Statement applies, adopts or incorporates a matter, the information dealing with the matter is taken to have been given to a person on the day on which the product is acquired.