Commonwealth Consolidated Regulations

[Index] [Table] [Search] [Search this Regulation] [Notes] [Noteup] [Previous] [Next] [Download] [Help]


Registration of decrees

             (1)  A decree (other than a divorce order or a decree of nullity of marriage) may be registered in any court having jurisdiction under the Act by filing a sealed copy of the decree in that court.

             (2)  For the purposes of subregulation (1), a decree may be filed:

                     (a)  by a party to the proceedings in which the decree was made;

                     (b)  by a child entitled to benefit under the decree;

                     (c)  by an officer of the court;

                     (d)  by an officer, authority or person entitled under paragraph 125(1)(f) of the Act to take proceedings for the enforcement of the decree; or

                     (e)  with the leave of the court, by any other person.

             (3)  A decree filed and registered under subregulation (1) shall be numbered in accordance with the applicable Rules of Court.

AustLII: Copyright Policy | Disclaimers | Privacy Policy | Feedback