Commonwealth Numbered Acts
[Search this Act]
CORPORATIONS ACT 2001 - SECT 88A
Public document of a body corporate
(1) Subject to this section, public document , in relation to a body, means:
- an instrument of, or purporting to be signed, issued or published by or on
behalf of, the body that:
- when signed, issued or published, is intended to be lodged or is required
by or under this Act or the ASIC Act to be lodged; or
- is signed, issued or published under or for the purposes of this Act, the
ASIC Act or any other Australian law; or
- an instrument of, or purporting to be signed or issued by or on behalf of,
the body that is signed or issued in the course of, or for the purposes of, a
particular transaction or dealing; or
- without limiting paragraph (a) or (b), a business letter, statement
of account, invoice, receipt, order for goods, order for services or official
notice of, or purporting to be signed or issued by or on behalf of, the body.
(2) A thing is not a public document of a body if it:
- is applied, or is
intended or required to be applied:
- to goods; or
- to a package, label, reel or thing in or with which goods are, or are to
be, supplied; and
- is so applied, or is intended or required to be so applied, for a purpose
connected with the supply of the goods.
(3) In subsection (2):
"apply to" includes print on, weave in, impress on, work into, or annex, affix
or attach to.
"label" includes a band or ticket.
- a covering, stopper, glass, bottle, vessel, box, capsule, case, frame or
- any other container or thing in which goods are, or are to be, packed.
AustLII: Copyright Policy