New South Wales Consolidated Acts
[Search this Act]
CRIMINAL PROCEDURE ACT 1986 - SECT 182
182 Written pleas
(1) An accused person served with a court attendance notice may lodge with the
registrar a notice in writing that the accused person will plead guilty or not
guilty to the offence or offences the subject of the court attendance notice
(2) The notice is to be in the form prescribed by the rules and,
in the case of a guilty plea, may be accompanied by additional written
material containing matters in mitigation of the offence.
subsection (2), a notice in writing under this section is not required to be
in the form prescribed by the rules if the written notice is accepted by the
(3) An accused person who lodges a notice under this section
with the registrar not later than 7 days before the date on which the person
is required to first attend before the Local Court--
(a) is not required to
attend the Court on that date, and
(b) is taken to have attended the Court on
(4) This section does not apply to an accused person who has been
granted or refused bail or in relation to whom bail has been dispensed with.
(5) Subsection (4) does not have effect during the period--
(a) starting on
the commencement of this subsection, and
(b) ending on the day that Chapter
7, Part 5 is repealed.
(6) Subsection (5) and this subsection are repealed on
the day that Chapter 7, Part 5 is repealed.
AustLII: Copyright Policy