New South Wales Consolidated Acts
[Search this Act]
RESIDENTIAL TENANCIES ACT 2010 - SECT 37
(1) A landlord or landlord's agent must keep a record of rent received under a
residential tenancy agreement (a
"rent record" ).
(2) A rent record may be kept in any form, and must contain
any particulars, prescribed by the regulations for the purposes of this
(3) A landlord or landlord's agent must, within 7 days of a written
request by the tenant, provide a written statement setting out the particulars
of the rent record for a specified period.
(4) This section does not require
a landlord or landlord's agent to provide a written statement for a period to
a person if the landlord or agent has previously provided a written statement
for the same period to the person.
(5) Subsections (3) and (4) are terms of
every residential tenancy agreement.
AustLII: Copyright Policy