Queensland Consolidated Acts
[Search this Act]
CRIMINAL CODE 1899 - SECT 3
Division of offences
3 Division of offences
(1) Offences are of 2 kinds, namely, criminal offences and regulatory
(2) Criminal offences comprise crimes, misdemeanours and simple
(3) Crimes and misdemeanours are indictable offences; that is to
say, the offenders can not, unless otherwise expressly stated, be prosecuted
or convicted except upon indictment.
(4) A person guilty of a regulatory
offence or a simple offence may be summarily convicted by a Magistrates Court.
(5) An offence not otherwise designated is a simple offence.
AustLII: Copyright Policy