(1) A person shall not construct or operate—
(a) a mill for the production of uranium or thorium ore concentrates (except where permitted under section 6);
(b) a facility for conversion or enrichment of any nuclear material;
(c) a facility for the fabrication of fuels for use in nuclear reactors;
(d) a nuclear reactor or a nuclear power reactor;
(e) a facility for reprocessing spent fuel; or
(f) a facility for the storage or disposal of any nuclear materials (including any waste) resulting from any of the processes or facilities described in paragraphs (a) to (e).
(2) A person who contravenes any provision of subsection (1) shall be guilty of an offence and punishable by a fine not exceeding 500 penalty units.
S. 8(3) amended by No. 57/1989
s. 3(Sch. item 140.1).
(3) The Supreme Court may grant an injunction restraining any person convicted of an offence under subsection (1) from repeating or continuing the offence.
(4) Any person who does any act or thing in disobedience of such injunction shall be guilty of an offence against this Act and liable to a penalty not exceeding 50 penalty units for each day during which the offence continues.
(5) The provisions of this section (apart from subsection (4)) shall not be deemed to derogate from the power of the Supreme Court to enforce obedience to an injunction.