(1) In this division:
"public place" means—
(a) public unleased land; or
(b) premises to which the public, or a section of the public, has access, whether by payment or not.
• public library or cultural institution
• government school or educational facility
• public hospital or medical centre
• vehicle used for public transport
• public park or nature reserve
Note Premises includes a place or conveyance (see s 185).
(2) However, "public place" does not include—
(a) public unleased land that a person is authorised to use under a public unleased land permit; or
(b) other premises that a person is authorised to use as a residence or for another private purpose.
Examples—premises authorised for private purpose
• retail shop
• restaurant or hotel
• private hospital or medical centre
• private school or educational institution
• place of worship
(3) In this section:
"public unleased land"—see the Public Unleased Land Act 2013
, section 8.
"public unleased land permit"—see the Public Unleased Land Act 2013
, section 40.