(1) A Land Council may, by notice in writing, appoint a committee or committees of its members to assist the Council in relation to the performance of any of its functions or the exercise of any of its powers.
Content of notice
(2) The notice must specify:
(a) the name of each committee member; and
(b) if the committee is appointed in relation to a particular area of the Land Council--that area.
Number of committee members
(3) A committee must consist of at least 7 members or such other number as is prescribed by the regulations.
Rules for conduct of meetings
(4) The Land Council must make written rules providing for and in relation to the convening of meetings, and the procedure for the conduct of meetings, of a committee appointed under this section. The rules are not a legislative instrument.
(5) The Land Council must give a copy of the rules made under subsection (4) to the Minister.
(6) A committee must keep minutes of its meetings.
(7) The Land Council must allow:
(a) the traditional Aboriginal owners of Aboriginal land in the area of the Council; or
(b) any Aboriginal living in the area of the Council;
to inspect, at any reasonable time without charge:
(c) rules made under subsection (4); or
(d) the minutes of committee meetings (other than any part of the minutes that relates to an excludable matter).