(1) This regulation is made for subsection 152AR(7) of the Act.
(2) This regulation applies to billing information that is not available to the service provider from the signals used to deliver calls, or other processes agreed between the access and service providers.
(3) Billing information must be given:
(a) at times agreed by the access and service providers; and
(b) in a manner and form agreed by the access and service providers, including whether the information is to be given in electronic or paper form.
(4) For supply of an active declared service used for making a call using a relevant carriage service, billing information must, unless the access and service providers agree otherwise, include the following particulars:
(a) if the access provider knows the unique customer account number of the customer who originated the call--the number;
(i) the public number from which the call was made is not the same as the public number used for billing purposes; and
(ii) the access provider knows the public number used for billing purposes;
the public number used for billing purposes;
(c) the public number to which the call was made;
(d) the time the call started;
(e) the duration of the call;
(f) if the service provider asks about a call to which subregulation (5) applies and the access provider knows the information--the name and billing address of the customer;
(g) if the service provider asks for other information reasonably required by the service provider to bill the customer--the information;
(h) for a call made using an active declared service mentioned in paragraph (b) of the definition of relevant carriage service in subregulation (7)--the geographic region where the call originated or terminated.
(5) For paragraph (4)(f), this subregulation applies to a call if:
(a) the service provider chosen for the call is not the service provider that the customer pre-selected in accordance with arrangements under a determination that is in force under section 349 of the Telecommunications Act 1997 ; and
(b) the customer became a customer of the service provider because the customer selected the service provider by dialling a particular over-ride dial code.
(6) For supply of an active declared service other than for making a call using a relevant carriage service, billing information must include a level of itemisation agreed by the access and service providers.
(7) In this regulation:
"billing address" means the address to which bills are normally sent by the service provider pre-selected by the customer.
"public mobile telecommunications service" has the same meaning as in the Telecommunications Act 1997 .
"public number" means a number specified in the numbering plan made under section 455 of the Telecommunications Act 1997 .
"relevant carriage service" means:
(a) a standard telephone service; or
(b) a public mobile telecommunications service for which the price-related terms and conditions of supply are determined wholly or partly by where a call originates or terminates.
"standard telephone service" has the same meaning as in the Telecommunications Act 1997 .