(1) A provision mentioned in subrule (2) does not apply to the driver of an oversize vehicle, or the driver of a pilot vehicle, as defined in regulation 5 of the Road Safety (Vehicles) Regulations 2009 or section 5 of the Heavy Vehicle National Law (Victoria), piloting an oversize vehicle, if—
(a) it is not practicable for the driver to comply with the provision; and
(b) the driver is taking reasonable care; and
Rule 311(1)(c) amended by S.R. No. 153/2019 rule 4(Sch. 1 item 22).
(c) the driver is complying with any other relevant law relating to oversize vehicles, including the conditions of any permit or notice issued by the Secretary or the Regulator in relation to the oversize vehicle.
Oversize vehicle is defined in the dictionary.
(2) For subrule (1), the provisions are as follows—
• Part 7 (Giving way), except—
– rule 67 (Stopping and giving way at a stop sign or stop line at an intersection without traffic lights);
– rule 68 (Stopping and giving way at a stop sign or stop line at other places);
– rule 69 (Giving way at a give way sign or give way line at an intersection (except at a roundabout));
– rule 70 (Giving way at a give way sign at a bridge or length of narrow road);
– rule 71 (Giving way at a give way sign or give way line at other places);
• Part 8 (Traffic signs and road markings), except—
– rule 102 (Clearance and low clearance signs);
– rule 103 (Load limit signs);
• rule 111(3) (which is about entering a roundabout from the right marked lane or line of traffic);
• rule 116 (Obeying traffic lane arrows when driving in or leaving a roundabout);
• Part 11 (Keeping left, overtaking and other driving rules);
• Part 12 (Restrictions on stopping and parking);
• rule 268 (How persons must travel in or on a motor vehicle);
• rule 288 (Driving on a path);
• rule 289 (Driving on a nature strip);
• rule 290 (Driving on a traffic island);
• rule 296 (Driving a vehicle in reverse);
• rule 297(2) (which requires a driver to have a clear view of the surrounding road and traffic).